"Perth is a beautiful heritage town located in Eastern Ontario Canada. This Perth web site is dedicated to the merchants of Perth and the thousands of tourists who visit Perth each year.
Near the town is the home of world show jumping champion Ian Millar and Millar Brooke Farm where his great horse Big Ben (1976–1999) is buried. The town has erected a bronze life-sized statue of the horse and Ian Millar, in John A. Stewart Park, across from the Code's Mill building.
This town was the site of the last fatal duel in Upper Canada. Robert Lyon, a law student, was killed on June 13, 1833 after fighting over a woman (Elizabeth Hughes) with a former friend, John Wilson.
Perth is also the site of the first installation of a telephone other than Bell's experimental installations. A town dentist, Dr. J. F. Kennedy, a friend of Alexander Graham Bell, installed a direct telephone connection between his home and office. By 1887, there were 19 telephones in Perth, with a switchboard in Dr. Kennedy's office.
In 2010 Perth held the historic "Kilt Run" in which 1067 kilt-clad runners crossed the finish line. Recently the race was recognized by the Guinness World Records as the "largest run while runners are wearing kilts". Another race was run July 2, 2011 with 1094 entrants.
|Perth Day Trips|
|Send A Postcard|
|Photos of Perth|
|...more Info >>>|
|Fun & Education|
About This Site
Bookmark This Site
The heritage downtown core of today's Perth consists of boutiques, specialty shops and restaurants, including crafts, antiques and flea market, and summer Farmers' and Craft Markets. Most of these operate out of the century old stone buildings in town. The drugstore on Foster Street in the downtown core (now called Perth Pharmasave, formerly Girdwood's Drug Store) is the oldest continually operating pharmacy in Canada. The Perth Courier is the second-oldest weekly newspaper in Canada. It was independently owned for 155 years until sold in 2006 to a larger publisher. The Links O'Tay Golf course, walking distance from the downtown core, began its trek through golfing history in 1890 and is now Canada's oldest continuously operating golf course. The Perth Citizens Band, still giving concerts on the band stand behind City Hall, is a tradition dating back over 150 years. The band is Canada's oldest active town band. The Perth Citizens Band played "The Maple Leaf Forever" as the Mammoth Cheese departed to the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. The bandstand has been behind the Town Hall since it was moved there in 1901 and free summer concerts have taken place there ever since.
(2) Perth Business Directory: Planning a trip, vacation, or moving to Perth? Over 120 of Perth's Businesses are here on line. Use the Quick Find search box to locate what you are looking for or browse through the categories to see what's available for - Businesses in Perth.
(3) Top 10 Reasons: Here are 10 of the many reasons people come to Perth, and return each year. As one of Eastern Ontario's best tourist destinations, Perth has excellent recreational, sports and leisure facilities - Top 10 Reasons People Visit Perth.
(4) Day Trips Around Perth: Looking for things to do while in Perth? Recreational, Conservation areas, Wildlife Reserve, Nature Trails and Provincial Parks will give you something to explore every day of the week - Perth Day Trips.
(5) Virtual Walking Tour: Take a virtual tour around downtown beautiful Perth. Then pack your camera and experience these 15 Kodak moments - Perth Downtown Walking Tour.
(6) Perth Festivals: Take a look at 4 of the town's major festivals; Festival of The Maples, Perth Garlic Festival, Stewart Park Music Festival, and the Perth Fair - Perth Town Festivals.
(7) Map of Perth: Easy to follow map of Perth. Print it out and bring it with you. Mark on the map your places of interest so you don't forget to visit your favorite shops, restaurants, and businesses - Printable Perth Map.
(8) Postcards of Perth: Send a friend or family member an electronic postcard of beautiful Perth and tell them all about your visit. You can add music, backgrounds and captions - 16 Postcards of Beautiful Perth.
(10) Fun & Education: We have designed and searched the web to bring you some fun, exciting and educational things to do on line. Visit the Fun & Entertainment and Interactive pages for all the links.
Truly Perth is one of the most beautiful, fun and exciting tourist destinations in Eastern Ontario. Come for a day, a week, or move in for a lifetime of community living that's second to none.
Beautiful Perth.com is the first choice for information on Perth, Ontario. What to see in Perth. What to do, where to stay and where to eat while in Perth. Including maps, about Perth, events, festivals, calendar, photos, pictures, directory of, business, products, services, maple festival, garlic festival, Stewart Park Festival, Perth Fair, and the Perth weather.
"Perth is a beautiful tourism town; it is well worth the venture out to see it. There is always something going on from early spring to late fall and the winter sports, quiet and solitude makes Perth Canada a great get-away spot to kick-back and relax.
"Make Perth Ontario your next tourism destination . . . or better still move to Perth and make it your home for life. Perth - what life is really all about. Thank you for visiting Beautiful Perth and enjoy your virtual tour.